Saturday 9 May 2009

Moonwalk minus 7 days

Oh, it all seems so real now. This time next week it will be the big day. Although technically, it we set off after midnight, the big day isn’t until Sunday, but Saturday is when it all starts.

My feet are healing well, I don’t have any infection, the blisters are drying out nicely, but the skin on my feet is just very uneven. I think I need to soak my feet every night for the next week and pumice them really well to even out the holes the blisters have left everywhere. Nice. I'm not going to do any walking other than to and from work until the big night now, it's just not worth the blisters.

Today I met up with Diane, Amanda and Sam for a coffee. We wanted to get together and discuss all the little things – like what train to catch, what to put in our bumbags and what we are doing with our bras. We were there for a couple of hours just chatting about things, and then we went up to Claire’s Accessories where I bought a lovely pink feather boa and some 80’s style fishnet arm gloves. Then we separated and realised that the next time we saw each other, it would be the big night. Myself, Amanda and Sam are all travelling up on the train together and meeting Diane there.

I’d walked last week in the bra I’ll be using on the night, I wanted to make sure it was suitable. So I’d washed it and dryed it, and in the meantime I’d bought some Flamingo Pink fabric dye. So I stood for an hour swishing my bra round in bright pink water and put it on a couple of rinse and spins to get rid of the excess colour and then hung it up to dry overnight.

I was babysitting for a neighbour tonight, so I had a few drinks and a curry to make the most of my last night on the booze. It’s no alcohol or spicy food for me for the rest of the week and two litres of water and plenty of carbs instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment