Saturday 16 May 2009

The big day dawns....

I couldn’t believe it when I woke up wide awake at 9:30 this morning. A million thoughts rushed in to my head and I struggled to relax, but I tried my best and went back to sleep an hour later for another hour and a half.

I got up and had ‘breakfast’ at 12:30 and went out to do the shopping. Once I’d done that and all the other little jobs, it was time to get changed. I put my outfit on and got Steve to write my name across my chest and facebook and the forum down my arms.

I was meeting Sam and Amanda at the station at 5:30. They got tickets and we went up to the platform and got on the train with about 20 other Moonwalkers – I don’t know where they all came from. We were talking to a lone Half Mooner so we invited her to sit with us and we just chatted on the way up. We got the tube over to Hyde Park Corner and as we came out of the tube station we were just greeted with a sea of pink. It was brilliant. Mind you I think we walked a mile to join the back of the queue and it took us a while to get in. Sam met up with the person doing the walk with her, and our Half Mooner went off and met up with her friend. We met Diane just inside the main entrance and then got our outfits ready. The photographers took some photos of us, and we took photos of each other. We then went in to the tent to get the food they provide and it was so manic we lost Sam and her friend. Myself, Amanda and Diane sat outside the tent eating our food but then it started to get cold. We took our bags to check in and split up as we were all in different colour groups. I then texted someone I knew from another forum who I had never met in person. She only got diagnosed with cancer recently and has battled her way back enough to complete the half moon. Respect! It was nice to sit with a group and chat whilst the compere put on a show and introduced the celebs taking part, like Paul O’Grady and his flashing bra.

Then the warm ups started and the yellow group left the tent. Then another warm up and the green group left the tent. My new friend and her group all wanted to go to the toilets so I said goodbye and joined in with the third warm up and then the orange group left the tent. Then one last warm up and it was the pink groups turn – they saved the best til last LOL

We moved out to the start line and I spotted some empty toilets so I grabbed the opportunity for a quick wee and joined the rest of them at the start line. We were stood there nearly 10 minutes and Nina herself was keeping us all amused. At 12:04 we were off...

No comments:

Post a Comment