Sunday 22 March 2009

Wednesday 18th March

Today I did another walk on my lunch break - although rather a long lunch break it was - god bless flexi time!!

One of my members of staff had volunteered to come out on a walk with me one time so I asked him if he was up for it as my husband was working from home. It was a beautiful day so he came along. The training plan said to do 5 miles, but the route we chose was 5.8 miles. We went from work, and all the way along to Albert Bridge. I've never been that far down before and Albert Bridge is really pretty - I wonder if we cross it on the night? On the other side of the bridge we headed back through Battersea Park, behind Battersea Power Station and all the way back to Lambeth Bridge before crossing back over to work. We did the 5.8 miles in 1 hour 40, so still a bit on the slow side, but I had to stop a couple of times because of blisters. When I finished my walk on Sunday I had a blister the size of a 2p on the underneath of my heel, it was one of those that goes inside your foot rather than swells up on the outside, so as I'm getting used to having blisters, I didn't give it much thought. But by the time I had finished this walk, it had spread to 2/3rds the size of my heel. By the time it came to leaving work I had to burst it because it was impossible to walk on, then I had to get the bus for the mile up to the station - the shame! Ironically, it's been the blister on the side of my little toe that has been giving me the most pain since.

No comments:

Post a Comment