Tuesday 10 March 2009

Back from my jollies and ready to get cracking

Well I am officially ‘in training’. I have received my pack with all the info in it. The 12 week training plan started on 23rd February, but I was in Malaysia on my jollies. As I have been walking 3 or 4 miles a couple of times a week up until I went away I figured I was ok to miss off the first week as that was only 3 mile walks anyway. But then the 2nd week didn’t get off to a flying start, I missed my first scheduled walk due to a migraine – which I think was just the jet lag etc catching up with me. But I managed a four mile walk round Ashford last Thursday. It took me a while because I was still on holiday sauntering mode, and not manic London mode. Then on Sunday, I picked up a fellow Moonwalker, Diane, and we went to Chartham to follow this route
http://www.kent.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/377BA4C8-D24E-4415-BFA2-16C4C2627316/0/walksineastkentchartham.pdf
Now it says 5 miles, but according to Diane’s pedometer it was just under 7 (I forgot to take mine). We went wrong a couple of times due to the lack of clear instructions, but we only went ½ mile out maximum. Nevermind, every little helps and it was an extra 2 miles on the total.

So I start with a vengeance this week, with a 10 week countdown to work through. I am also going to make an effort to do some stretching like it says in the training plan, and I desperately need to get back to my pilates class as the time off for my holiday is playing havoc with my bad back. So I’d like to get a couple of pilates sessions done a week but I just need more hours in the day.

I’m also overweight and a classic yo-yo dieter, so I’m taking the next 10 weeks to follow the Paul McKenna weightloss plan. I’ve bought the book and the 90 day journal, so obviously it will run for a couple of weeks after the walk, but that’s fine. So long as I look presentable in a bra on the night it will all be hunky dory. Ish.

So in my head, by the time I’ve finished the walk (and recovered) I should be a lean, mean, walking machine. In reality, we may have to see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. oh I didn't know you get a traing pack to help you along. It cannot be easy to pick up on the pace again after the leisury pace during your holiday. hope your back doesn't play up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's booklet with some safety and fitness tips in, and a 12 week training plan. I've adapted it to fit around my other commitments but other than that I'm sticking to it cause I should hope they know what they are talking about

    ReplyDelete