Friday 13 March 2009

Friday 13th March

Today I had to do a 4 mile walk. As I was walking from home I decided to go to my gym and match my pedometer (which I found) to the treadmill as I wasn't 100% sure I had my stride length right. So instead of doing 1 x 4 mile walk, I did 4 x 1 mile walks. I think I've got a stride length of 35 inches and I walk at around 5.8 - 6 kmph. I could walk faster than that, but I was trying to walk at a speed that I could keep up for more than 5 miles. The miles were taking me about 16.5 minutes each so I think that is a reasonable pace to keep up. I have nothing more to say about that walk, it was boring, treadmills are, but it was necessary evil to sort the stride length out on my pedometer.

I did this walk in cheap trainers but I didn't have any clean 1000 mile socks. And now I have a blister and burning in the soles of my feet. :-( but that goes to show that it isn't ALL the trainers fault and I might give them another chance...

Using my mathematical prowess, I reckon I could finish the 26.2 miles in 7.2 hours. Throw in another hour for toilet and food breaks, getting stuck behind people at the start and possibly throwing a 'I can't do it anymore' tantrum 3/4 of the way round, I reckon 8 hours is a reasonable goal. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment