Sunday 15 March 2009

Sunday 15th March

Me and my husband had a lovely walk around the grounds of Leeds Castle today. It was a beautiful morning so we got kitted up and made our way up the motorway. Our annual tickets had expired so we had to buy new ones, along with most of Kent judging by the queues.


The first part of the walk mostly consisted of getting stuck behind big groups and avoiding small children careering round on little trikes. Yes, I am one of those people I used to pity who just couldn't slow down enough to appreciate the beauty around them LOL. Oh well, I'll appreciate it next time we go.


Normally we do just stroll around the castle and gardens, so I didn't appreciate how short the paths are, usually it seems so long cause we walk so slowly. We went right round the back of the gardens, and then got back on to the path back when I realised I'd done just over a mile. So we climbed over a fence and went over to the far side of the lake and up into the fields on the other side. We walked just over a mile and then turned back as we weren't sure whether we were supposed to be up there or not. Then we took the long way back along the return path and headed back to the car.


In all, we walked 5.1 miles, which wasn't the 6 I was supposed to be doing, but there was a hell of a lot of hill walking in this one, and I did get out of breath a few times, so I'm going to say it's ok because it all helps towards my fitness.


Here's a photo I took before my battery ran out

No comments:

Post a Comment