Sunday 25 January 2009

Stop Press! Trainer Update

Ok, so it's not actually THAT exciting, but still, I said I would update on the trainer/blister situation.

I took my trainers back to the shop where I bought them, Run and Become, and explained my problem with the blister in the same place over and over. The lady I spoke to was REALLY helpful. She asked me to put the trainers back on and walk up and down in them a couple of times. Firstly, she re-laced my trainers from the usual criss-cross to some complicated weaving type lacing. To stop my trainers rubbing I had just been pulling the laces tighter and tighter and this was just making my guiders ache. So, the new way brings the laces further round my ankle for more support, but also allows them to be looser over the front.

Then she explained that, although the trainers I have had support in them to correct my ankles, I was still pronating over the top of that support, tipping the side of my foot into the side of the trainer and causing the friction. Unfortunately, the trainers I have are the ones with the most support in them so my only option was a pair of £24 orthotic liners.
She put them in the trainers for me and I had a walk in them and could definitely tell the difference. I couldn’t even feel the blister I currently have. So she then said if I could produce a receipt for the original trainers, I could have them for free. So she put them to one side and I went back with a receipt the next day and got them. I haven’t tried them out yet but will do at the weekend. I sincerely hope they do the trick.

Whilst I was there I had a look at bumbags as well and have bought one for £15. It looks like it should fit everything I want to carry on the night.

4 comments:

  1. thats excellent service I hope this means an end to your blisters so you can concentrate on getting fit for the walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really hope the insoles work and well done on getting such excellent customer service at the sport shop. Try 1000 mile socks too they are bliss! Keep going with the training you will be glad you did come the big night!

    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope the liners work ok , nice of the lady to do that wasnt it - nothing worse than blisters !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those insoles are pretty funky colours too Paula...typical crafter! :)

    I just donated some money for your walk, i thought i had before but obviously hadn't. Done it now anyway. Good luck with the training. :)

    ReplyDelete