Saturday 10 January 2009

First walk of the New Year

Unless you count the mile in and mile out of work each day.

Today I met two other Moonwalkers, which was quite exciting. They are both members of the Facebook group for the Moonwalk, one from the next estate to me, and another from Hythe. It's made it all seem a little more real somehow. Eek!

We met at a coffee shop at the Ashford Designer Outlet and had a couple of drinks before Amanda had to leave, and myself and Diane walked home. Diane walked a third of the route with me before branching off to go to her own house. So I walked 2.6 miles in 40 minutes. Not bad for saying how long it is since I did and walk and the absolutely freezing temperatures. I just need to get in to some sort of proper training routine now.

And here is the route that I did
and as promised to myself, the photo a walk I will be taking. As it was dark there wasn't much to take photos of, other than the grass on the edge of my estate just to prove how cold it really was!

No comments:

Post a Comment