Monday 19 January 2009

18th January - Home to the gym

This weekend I went for a walk in Ashford. My husband was off to the gym, so I thought I could walk there from our house and meet him for a sauna/steam room. I also thought I would try walking in my cheap trainers that I use for the gym – not a blister!

This was my route
I went down a road opposite my estate which I have never been down before. Because I spend a large proportion of my time in London, I probably know my way around Central London better than I know my way around Ashford, and I’m hoping my Moonwalk training will help to rectify that situation. The walk was 3.4 miles (I think) and took me an hour and 10 minutes, however, it probably took that long because a) I got lost when I realised the way I was heading wasn’t actually going to get me back on to the main road, b) I then ended up on the muddiest path EVER jumping from side to side and sliding backwards further than I was jumping forwards, and c) getting back on to the main road not that far in to the walk and deciding I was knackered.

However, I did find Singleton Lake, which I didn’t even know existed until last week. Look at this
And all within 15 minutes walk of my house. I am shameful. Anyway. I got back on the main road and walked along that, up the dual carriageway (Ashford has more hills than London!) and down to the motorway roundabout. That took some crossing, and then I was on to the leisure park where the gym is. I timed it quite well as I’d only been in reception for 5 mins when Steve (my husband) came out of the gym and we went through for a relaxing sauna and steam room.

I’m taking my trainers back to the shop where I bought them from in the week to get some advice on what to do with them, I’ll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment