Sunday 18 January 2009

15th January - River/Pimlico/Victoria

I went on my first proper walk of the new year today. As in, more than 3 miles and dressed for the part. Here is the route I took and I went out on my lunch.
The weather was quite dry and not too cold so pretty good considering the recent weather we have had. I walked 3.4 miles and it took me dead on an hour which was pretty good I think. Didn’t really see much interesting as I was walking through residential areas and shops, and missed one of the turns on the route and had to go down a parallel road past Victoria Train Station. Too many people – aaargh!

I did take a photo of the chess board flats near my work though, I’m not sure if they have any particular significance, I just think they are weird.

I am, though, a little cheesed off, because I went out in my trainers and I have got yet another blister in exactly the same place as all the rest and I am really at a loss at what to do now. I did last week’s walk in my crocs as it was an impromptu one, and not one blister did I see on my feet. I’d do the whole flippin walk in my crocs if I didn’t know how bad it was for my ankles. My left foot is absolutely fine, it’s just the inside of my right heel which gets the blisters, and it had all healed up over Christmas so it wasn’t weak or anything. And it’s not rubbing either, so the 1000 mile socks aren’t making any difference. I honestly don’t know what the problem is. I think I’m going to have to go back to the shop I bought the trainers from and ask them for advice, and possibly end up shelling out for more. Which will annoy me because a) I can’t afford it, and b) apart from this one thing, they are perfect. As it stands though, I can’t walk 26 miles in them. HELP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment