Wednesday 1 April 2009

Wednesday 1st April

Just a quick post today as I only managed a quick walk. I had planned to do a 5 mile walk up to London Bridge and back, but when I realised what date it was and that that would be a little too close to the protesting for my liking, I decided to do the 5 miles on a treadmill. However, it’s been a beautiful day and it seemed criminal to go to the basement that my gym is based in. So I decided on a middle ground of a couple of miles around the river between the two bridges near my office. So I did one lap and it was only just over 1 mile, so I did another lap and by the time I got back to the office I had done 2.49 miles in 40 minutes. I would have gone again but I’d had a busy morning so was late setting out, and I had a meeting I had to get back for. Still better than nothing.

I decided to give my proper walking trainers a last chance, but I’m not getting on with them. £70 down the drain but at least the blisters aren’t so bad anymore. Apart from the ones on my little toes, every step I took felt like they were on fire. I think I might have to wrap them in plasters on Friday and Sunday and hope they heal between walks. Don’t think I learnt any lessons today, other than, if you are going to walk fast, and you know this when you get dressed in a morning, wear a suitable frikkin bra!

No comments:

Post a Comment