Friday 24 April 2009

Thursday 22nd April

I decided it was time to get walking again, but realised I had to start small. It took me 10 minutes just to dress my feet for a 4.75 mile walk LOL. But it was worth it cause I have no blisters!! Well no new ones anyway.

I went around Battersea Power Station again with one of the people I work with. I’m getting a bit familiar with that route, but I figured on such a lovely day it was going to be packed in other parts of London, mainly with tourists who tend to stand still and move in random directions.
I went back to my proper New Balance trainers for this. I figured if all trainers were going to give me blisters, I may as well get blisters from the ones that were supporting my ankles. I think I might have cracked my problem with the blisters, my feet are just too warm. My feet get very hot very quickly, always have done. And even when they feel like blocks of ice, they are often clammy to the touch. So I’ve bought some Ice Cooling Spray from Daktarin and sprayed it all over my feet. It seems to have worked for 5 miles, not sure how well it will work for 26 – I’ll obviously have to stop and reapply, but taking off my socks and seeing the state of my feet is a real mental barrier which I want to avoid wherever possible. I’m going to do a longer walk at the weekend and try talcum powder as well. I think the powder and spray combined, and airing my feet directly before and after a walk (slightly more difficult whilst working in an open plan office but hey) then I might make some progress. And getting a bigger bumbag to carry everything!!

It took me 1 hour 10 minutes to do 4.75 miles. Not bad for saying I haven’t walked for 12 days. I hope to keep the same sort of pace at the weekend when I plan to do double today’s distance.

Things I learnt – nothing! The walk was a complete success – woo hoo!!

1 comment:

  1. what a shame Paula that the blisters are holding you back and you ahve to start building up again . you were doing so well.
    your bra story made me laugh, fancy falling out of them .
    hope you get it all fixed before d-day

    ReplyDelete