Monday 1 December 2008

27th November - London Parks

I was going to walk around the river today up to the Millenium Bridge. But with a booze cruise booked for the weekend, I needed currency, so I changed my plans.

I walked up to Parliament Square, up to and through St James' Park, over to, along and through Green Park, then back past Buckingham Palace up to Victoria Street. The currency shop is on Victoria Street so halfway down I had to stop to get money out and change it to Euros, then it was back down to the office.

According to the internet, this was about 3 miles. It took me just over an hour, but that included LOADS of tourists, an ATM queue and a currency shop queue. So I'm not sure if that was good or not.
The bad news was that I got a new blister underneath the exact spot where I burst the other one. So this is obviously my trainers rubbing and the 1000 mile socks aren't helping. I guess I just try plasters until it beds in :-/

And as part of my new resolution, here are the photos taken on todays walk. Views both ways from the bridge in the middle of the lake St James' Park, and one of a greedy little squirrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment