Monday 1 June 2009

Two weeks on

Well it’s two weeks since the Moonwalk and, provided I’m not looking at my feet, it seems so much longer since it all happened.

My feet are still full of holes. Even 10 days after the event I was still getting blisters coming to the surface, I think it must have just been a build up of all the walking I’d done. Touch wood I haven’t had a new blister in 5 days now. Most nights you can find me with my feet soaking so I can give them a good scrub afterwards. I’m going to treat myself to a posh pedicure in a few weeks time – but my feet are still too sore for other people to be prodding them about at the minute.

But even with all the pain and hassle I’ve had with my feet, it still ranks up there as one of the best nights of my life. It was bloody hard work, but the sense of achievement has finally sunk in. It did take a few days though, and even now, having walked 26 miles, I still can’t quite comprehend 26 miles – if you see what I mean.

I’ve seen all my friends photos of the events, so it’s nice to have a record. I wish I had taken a few more myself, but towards the end I was so focussed on just getting over the finish line, the photos kinda fell by the wayside. Which is a shame, but not something I will beat myself up over. Unfortunately I can’t find any photos of me on the Action Photo website either because their site is pants. Which means I have no record of me actually crossing the line which is definitely a shame – or of me getting my medal. Oh well.

On the plus side, I have raised over £350 and it’s still coming in. I can’t get over people’s generosity in the current climate. It made it all worth it, and I hope the money does some good, and that I will never be in need of it.

I’m going to hang my bra up in my craft room and frame my medal. One thing I’m not doing, is signing up for next year. I am disappointed because I wanted to do the Edinburgh walk - having never been to Scotland. But it’s not worth the grief, or the antibiotics. I’m going to get my bike out and start cycling again as I really enjoyed being out in new places and exploring the countryside and coastal paths etc. If my Moonwalk friends all sign up again though, I have said I will volunteer because the atmosphere on the night was great and it would be nice to do some of things I didn’t do – like stand back and take it all in, and watch other people cross the finish line.

But for this year, all I have to do now is send off my oodles of sponsorship money.

Thanks for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment