Tuesday 18 November 2008

First Outdoor Walk

I decided to tackle the outside world for todays walk. I put my trainers on, with my 1000 mile socks and clipped my pedometer on (which I still haven't set to manual), wrapped up warm and met up with my husband for a good long walk (well as long as my lunch would allow).

I walked from Millbank over Lambeth Bridge, then along the south side of the river past MI6, Vauxhall Bridge and up to Battersea Power Station. I didn't realise you couldn't walk in front of it, so we had to walk all the way around the back of it, past Battersea Park and on to Chelsea Bridge. Found the headquarters of QVC which made me chuckle, then we walked over the bridge and followed the north side of the river back to Millbank. I think it must have been about 4 miles, and it took me 1 hour 15 mins. I wrote down the number of steps I did but forgot to write down the distance, although that would be measuring under anyway. I also couldn't get walkit to measure it for me as it only allows one 'via' location so you can't do circles - if that makes sense.

My legs did ache a bit about 3 miles in, but for the last half a mile they had gone through that. Surprisingly I wasn't stiff in the evening, even though I came back from my walk and sat at my desk for the afternoon. I burst the blister I developed last week, but thanks to my 1000 mile socks, I didn't develop any new ones. So I think I might have to get a couple more pairs of ebay.I have also decided that I will take my camera out on as many future walks as possible. I walked further along the river than I have before so saw new things and I want to collect some photos for my scrapbooking

No comments:

Post a Comment